Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sweet Hummingbird: The Joy of Possibility

In the tradition of Shamanism I was taught there are seven archetypes. These archetypes are "given" to the Shaman through a special ceremony called the Harmony Rite, after which the Shaman can begin to develop a personal relationship with them. This week I will discuss Sweet Hummingbird.

Hummingbird represents spiritual healing and teaches us to drink from the sweet nectar of life. On the Medicine Wheel she lives in the North and is directly connected to our ancestors and to the Creators. She reminds us of our own ability to create and shows us the many unimagined possibilities in our life. 

Whenever I see a Hummingbird I am inspired and encouraged. She reminds me of all the joy that exists in the world. Being able to feel this joy always energizes me.

When you experience joy it creates ripples which extend into the world and manifest wonderful things. Joy is a very powerful energy and Hummingbird taps directly into this power just as effortlessly as she dips her beak into a flower for a drink of sweet nectar.

Anytime I find that I have become disconnected, that I have allowed my ego to sour my attitude, I turn to Hummingbird.She reminds me that we are all connected like flowers in a garden, and as I grow my roots reach out and touch the flowers around me. Knowing this immediately inspires me to be my best.

To connect with your own Hummingbird, set the intention to create a loving relationship with her. Then try placing your hand over your third chakra and speak directly to her. Ask her what possibilities exist in your life, and let her guide you to the flower that holds your sweetest possibility. Allow her sunny energy to radiate from you, acting as a beacon for finding joy where ever it exists. Create your own beautiful garden and see what magic blooms.

Read next week for my blog post about the fourth powerful archetype: Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment