Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Be Kind to Yourself

Today was the first day since I started my blog that I missed my self-imposed publishing deadline of Wednesday at noon. Sure its only 2 pm, but ordinarily this would set me off on a spiral of low self-esteem for failing to meet my goal.
I always tell people not to be hard on themselves, and yet I am usually my own worst critic. The slightest "failure" causes me to run through all the reasons why I'm not good enough, why I didnt try hard enough. Despite how busy I have been at work, and that I've been putting together an extensive presentation on social media for tomorrow morning, I was first inclined to be disappointed in myself for missing my blog deadline. But then I really thought about it.
I believe that everything happens for a reason. The reason I missed my blog deadline is that the universe is giving me an opportunity to follow my own advice and be kind to myself. This is my cosmic opportunity to walk-the-walk and not just talk-the-talk, and I’m starting by cutting myself some slack. And I got a blog post out of it. THANKS UNIVERSE!
So I challenge you all to cut yourself some slack in the next week. Notice when you are not being kind to yourself with your words or thoughts, and then change it. Turn the so-called failure into a lesson. Know that you are doing your best and be proud of yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment